Thursday 6 June 2013

HAUL!

Hey there! First off I would like to apologise for the lack of updates. I have been feeling very uninspired lately :( But I'm back with a haul post on the latest make up I bought :D
I gave Watson's a visit the other day and picked up some things....
Essence pure skin all-in-one BB cream in Natural
Essence lash & brow gel
Maybelline BOLD MATTE by colour sensational in HOT PINK
Maybelline falsies waterproof in BLACK

I LOVE LOVE LOVE THE FALSIES!
It's hands down my favourite mascara!
The brow gel is nothing special, just thought I'd give the Essence one a try.

Today I'll be reviewing these two items:

Maybelline BOLD MATTE
by colour sensational
 in HOT PINK

Been eyeing on this wearable hot pink shade from Maybelline for a bout a month till I actually went out and got it. It's supposed to be matte but has a little sheen to it. It is not drying and feels quite moisturizing on the lips. I like how it gives a rosy stain after the colour comes off.

SWATCH:
a thin coat of the colour 
I would describe this colour as a muted yet bright hot pink that is actually very suitable on most skin tones.

WHAT I REALLY LIKE ABOUT THE LIPSTICK:
- It's creamy but not too creamy as if though it will slide off your lips
- Colour opacity is high enough that the colour stands out!
- It doesn't have too much of a reflective sheen

WHAT I DON'T LIKE ABOUT THE LIPSTICK:
- It's not really matte for a matte lipstick
- The packaging might allow the lipstick cap to come off easily

I was really excited to try out Essence's new BB cream after seeing it on their Facebook page. Here's how it looks like....
I got mine in the shade 20 Natrual and it was a 99% perfect match to my NC25 skin ^^
It has 3 shades available and it cost less then $10.
 I got mine at the Essence counter at Watsons, Rivervale Mall.
Here is me without makeup... 
Sallow looking skin with with small acne scars here and there on my cheeks. I have more dry/notmal skin and I get the most oily on my cheeks. Weirdly enough my cheeks seem to be the place where foundation fade off easily. I also have blackheads on my nose and quite bad dark circles.
But, here is one layer of the BB cream....

One layer brightened my skin a lot!
 Made it look fairer and added a glow to my dull looking skin.

TWO LAYERS:
After two layers the BB cream managed to cover loads of my uneven skin tone and really managed to brightened my skin a lot! It gives off a dewy look. 

Here is a close up of two layers of the BB cream and powder....
As you can see I have pretty dark panda eyes so without concealer my dark circles do show through pretty much most foundation. But! I really like the extra coverage the powder gave to my skin.


I set the BB cream with an ELF Studio powder brush and MAC select sheer in NC25.
Setting it is a MUST in Singapore's hot weather! Plus it also helps to give the dewy BB cream a matte look which I prefer.
I did realize that the BB creams last more than 4 hours under the heat and through all the sweating. Which is pretty good because I never had foundations staying on my face for long :( As usual it did fade off around my cheeks but stayed put on my chin, nose and forehead. But that's just where foundations normally fade for me.
I did realise it did cling onto the dry skin/dead skin around my nose.

WHAT I LIKE ABOUT THE BB CREAM:
- Doesn't clog pores! I slept with it the other day and I woke up with completely clear skin.
- Very light and super natural on the skin
- Gives not bad of a coverage
- Easily bendable, I used my fingers to apply!


WHAT I DON'T LIKE ABOUT THE BB CREAM:
- Dewy and very reflective. I prefer matte skin!
- Clings onto some dry patches

I hope you enjoyed this post & let me know what are your current buys!
It would mean so much if you continue to stay tune for my next post! 
Lots of love,
DESIREE XOXO








No comments:

Post a Comment